3 of 6
1 trade candidate from every AL West team that the Reds should consider
Houston Astros: Jose Urquidy, RHP
- After an up-and-down, injury-riddled 2023 season, Jose Urquidy returned during the Astros' postseason run and got the win during Game 4 of the ALDS. Urquidy is a big-game pitcher who's had success under the bright lights and would be a terrific addition to the Reds this offseason.
Texas Rangers: Jon Gray, RHP
- Jon Gray is under contract for two more seasons with an average annual value of $14-million. With the Rangers possibly in pursuit of Shohei Ohtani this offseason, they may be willing to part with one of their hurlers in order to free up some extra cash to pursue the likely 2023 AL MVP.
Seattle Mariners: Logan Gilbert, RHP
- If there is just one pitcher the Cincinnati Reds should target this offseason, it's Logan Gilbert. Securing the right-hander will require a hefty return, but with his pitch repertoire and four years of team-control, Gilbert would be well worth the cost.
Los Angeles Angels: Brandon Drury, IF
- This list can't be comprised of all pitchers, right? Seriously though, with the Reds rumored pursuit of Jeimer Candelario, why not just target Brandon Drury instead? Drury has the same positional flexibility, power from the right side, familiarity with the clubhouse, and is only under contract through 2024.
Oakland Athletics: Austin Pruitt, RHP
- The Oakland A's hate to spend money, and Austin Pruitt is entering his second year of arbitration eligibility. The right-hander, who owed a sparkling 2.98 ERA last season, would be a fine addition to the Cincinnati Reds bullpen.