Cincinnati Reds Top 10 Draft Pick Careers of All-Time
By Matt Wilkes
1 of 12
More from Blog Red Machine
- Reds: Multi-run innings have hurt Michael Lorenzen this season
- Reds fan bares all in fulfilling awkward 2021 World Series bet
- Reds: Bullpen quickly becoming a strength of this team
- Don’t give up! The Reds still have a chance to make the playoffs
- Reds comeback victory could be start of something special
Every year, the Cincinnati Reds make more than 40 selections in the MLB Draft. Some of those players will sign with the organization, some won’t. Some will move through the minor leagues and contribute at the major league level, some will not. Only time will tell if Tyler Stephenson is the next big superstar catcher for the Reds or if a late-round pick can overcome the odds and make their way to the big leagues a la Chris Heisey.
In the spirit of the draft, I thought it would be interesting to compile a list of the best selections the Reds have made since 1965, when the inaugural amateur draft was held.