March 31, 2014. Mark it down as your Cincinnati Reds will open the 2014 season against…the St. Louis Cardinals. Start the season against your biggest rival. Can’t envision those tix lasting long…
Here are some of the highlights for the season:
– Host the Tampa Bay Rays from the 11th to 13th. Dome team playing in Cincy in mid-April.
– First of a pair of 10-game road trips (Cubs for 3, Pirates for 4, Braves for 3).
– Visit Fenway Park for a pair on the 6th and 7th. The two-game series comes in between two series at home.
– First of two 10-game homestands (San Francisco for 3, Philly for 3, Dodgers for 4).
– Toronto comes to GABP for three from the 20th through the 22nd.
– Second 10-game roadie starts this month (Chicago for 3, San Francisco for 4, Padres for 3).
– Second 10-game homestand with the Brewers (3), Cubs (4), and Pirates (3).
– All-Star Game at Target Field on the 15th. One year until the ASG hits GABP!
– After ASG, head to Yankee Stadium for three with Yankees (18th – 20th).
– Battle of Ohio from the 4th to the 7th. First two at Progressive Field (4th and 5th) with last two at GABP (6th and 7th).
– Another interleague series has the Red Sox hitting GABP for a pair (12th and 13th).
– Final interleague series of the season at Camden Yards against the O’s (2nd to 4th).
– A 9-game road trip with stops in Milwaukee (3), Chicago Cubs (3), and St. Louis (3)
– Close out regular season at home with three versus the Pirates with the final game on the 28th.
Some other notes:
– Six of the first eight series are against NL Central foes, a total of 19 games. The last 19 games of the season are within the division as well.
– There’s an interleague series every month with the AL East providing the opposition. Well, aside from that team
– There is no Cali trip. It is broken up into two separate trips. Hit Dodger Stadium in late May (26-28). Go to San Fran (June 26-29) and San Diego (June 30 – July 2) on different road trip.