My original thought was we would not be rolling out any Reds year-end awards until, say, November. Didn’t quite work out that way, but here we are, the last of BRM’s year-end awards.
Circumstances can be cruel.
Today, the last of our BRM awards is Player of the Year. In case you’ve missed any of the others, you will have a chance to go back after the poll within this post to vote in those three categories.
If you’re a regular here at BRM, you will look at that poll and realize that poll has been our main poll since last week. True. Everyone may also be wondering when the results of these polls will be announced. The main poll, the Player of the Year, can be seen at anytime on any of our pages. The others can be accessed by going to the appropriate post; however, there will be an post announcing all the “winners” (don’t know why I’m saying winners since we have no hardware to distribute) on October 26, one week from today.
So here are the six nominees for Reds POY (listed alphabetically by last name).
1. Jay Bruce: Led the Reds in home runs (34), RBI (99), and runs scored (89), all three are career highs.
3. Ryan Hanigan: Owned second highest OBP (.365) among Reds players. Threw out 32 of 66 attempted thefts and led NL in that stat with 48.5%.
4. Ryan Ludwick: Led team in SLG (.531) and second in OPS (.877). Also led the team in saying “Brother”.
5. Brandon Phillips: second in batting (.281), first in spectacular defensive plays, first in number of tweets.
6. Joey Votto: Despite the absence, led the Reds and NL in OBP (.474). Even has an alliance named in his honor.
You can cast your vote here…
Who would be your choice as Reds Player of the Year?
- Jay Bruce (12%, 17 Votes)
- Todd Frazier (13%, 19 Votes)
- Ryan Hanigan (38%, 56 Votes)
- Ryan Ludwick (17%, 25 Votes)
- Brandon Phillips (19%, 28 Votes)
- Joey Votto (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 147
Here are the other categories…
Tags: Cincinnati Reds