Just like the Reds, the Bats are completely out of the playoff hunt for the 2011 season. So, some may feel there’s no point in showing up to the games. This is completely false. There are plenty of goals the Bats can shoot for and meet in the remaining 6 games of this 2011 season. A few of these are:
- A .500+ record. The Bats currently sit at 70-68. This means they’ll need to go at least 3-3 in the final six game to finish about the .500 mark.
- Finish in 2nd place. The Bats are currently 2.0 GB of 2nd place Indianapolis. Good news is they play Indy the final four games of the season.
- Lead the league in hits. Durham leads the IL in hits with 1259. The Bats are only 4 behind at 1255.
- Lead the league in HRs. The Bats are 1 HR behind Columbus for the league lead. Columbus has 145 thus far.
- Team ERA under 4. Right now the Bats have a team ERA of 3.99. As much as the bullpen has struggled this year, for the Bats to have a chance to finsih with an ERA under 4 is quite remarkable.
There are still alot of reasons for fans to come out an support the Bats. Hopefully, these goals will be met and the 2011 season will be a complete wash.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter @kevingeary10 and BRM @blogredmachine.